Transport giant Mammoet required new state-of-the-art headquarters, and chose the Teesside Estate for its location, infrastructure and opportunities for business growth.
The six-acre facility was built to Mammoet’s specifications in a project led by UK Land Estates’ in-house development team.
We designed and built a premise fit for a UK headquarters, complete with strong distinctive profile and front elevation. The mixed use development includes workshops and storage as well as associated office and support spaces.
Now home to 180 Mammoet employees, the site features offices, workshops, storage space, testing areas and facilities.
Matthew Gent, Managing Director UK, Mammoet:
“The new facility is seen as a long term commitment to our customers, our employees and our ongoing involvement in the North East Region.
“It has allowed us to cement relationships with existing customers and develop relationships with new customers, with the facility acting as a key pillar to demonstrate the quality we provide as a specialist lifting and transport supplier.
“The additional capacity at the new facility has allowed us to increase our intake of graduates and trainees, the future of our business.
“The state of the art workshop has allowed us to bring more equipment maintenance and testing in house, meaning a more efficient operational business.
“The overall location of the new facility and the Teesside Estate is ideal for our equipment to access the road networks, to service not only the North East Region but specialist projects nationwide.
“All in all the new facility has been excellent for our business, not only in providing short term benefits that we are realising now but by creating a long term platform that will allow our business to grow and prosper for many years to come.”
- Teesside is the southern gateway to the north east
- Immediate access onto the A19 and easy access for the A66
- Close proximity to deep-water TeesPort and Durham Tees Valley Airport
- Close to local amenities in Stockton and Middlesbrough
- The estate has had significant recent investment from UK Land Estates to modernise and improve the environment, including major road infrastructure works, the development of a retail parade and pub restaurant.
- Range of commercial space to accommodate business growth and expansion